Site Reliability Engineer (m/w)
Would you be interested in harnessing over 4,000 CPUs, 35 TB RAM and more than 800 TB storage to take an OpenStack cloud to the next level? Then you’ve come to the right place.
As a Site Reliability Engineer for SysEleven, you will work with committed and passionate people to manage and develop an OpenStack public cloud. We need to tackle the challenges we face in an effective, efficient and highly technical way. What makes our cloud so special is that it complies with the relevant standards: we attract customers with our performance rather than locking them in. To stay constantly up to speed, we undergo regular training in all manner of different areas, including international conferences.
- Help design and implement systems to manage and maintain our cloud platform
- Maintain and improve already existing distributed management systems
- Help translate boring operations tasks into clean and tested software
- Plan and Implement CI for new and existing systems
- Offer new ideas to improve our processes and architecture
- Join the on-call rotation and help solve emergencies should they arise
- Have a thorough understanding of Python and its ecosystem
- Have a thorough understanding of Linux
- Attention to detail
- Ability to stay calm while solving critical incidents
- OpenStack development and testing experience
- Containerization, Continous Delivery, Kubernetes or other schedulers
- Flask, experience with RESTful API design
- Have a good understanding of TCP/IP
- Configuration management with Ansible
What you can expect:
A new technology like OpenStack requires motivated Engineers. Only those with the right passion can use the open-source toolkit to build scalable and tailored solutions. Our top priority as the SysEleven CloudStackers team is to foster a culture of discovery and team support. With tools like Consul and Ansible, we create a level of automation in our everyday work that allows the team time to concentrate on more interesting aspects such as architecture, new features and product design in a friendly and constructive atmosphere. Our team attends events like the OpenStack Summit in Boston and EuroPython in Rimini to discuss ideas with the community and to bring the latest trends back to our office in Berlin.
Our engine room is located in the heart of Kreuzberg near the Paul-Lincke-Ufer road, where new ideas are generated every day in an urban setting with lots of small shops, restaurants and bars. In your lunch break, you can simply watch the world go by or eat with your colleagues in our very own kitchen, where a healthy meal is cooked for all our employees three times a week.
In addition to key requirements such as team cohesion, Club Mate and good coffee, a wide range of food options and flexible working hours, you are also sure to find the following at SysEleven:
We want to keep moving forwards. This means that constructive criticism is welcome whatever your place in the team, since we work on the principle of communicating as equals and letting the better argument win. It also means that we will only develop as an organisation at the same pace as each one of us, which is why we support one another in various ways including with external training sessions, conferences, sharing our knowledge in house and anything else that will help you to complete your mission at SysEleven successfully and to develop at a personal level.
As a result, there are some very sharp minds working for us, so we won’t shy away from letting the technical experts make the technical decisions either. In other words, you can take responsibility for contributing and implementing your own ideas and really making your mark. And it’s OK if you make mistakes!
If this piques your curiosity, then e-mail us your profile with an indication of your salary expectations to email@example.com.
Tel.: +49 (0)30/233 2012 137
WhatsApp, SMS, Threema: +49 (0)171/8934073