Data Center Engineer (m/f/x)
As a Data Center Engineer, you and your colleagues will design our two data centers in Berlin. And you do this in such a way that they are fail-safe, maintainable and used effectively. To do this, you determine the long-term hardware requirements and work closely with the operating teams on the other side of the virtualization layer, for whom you are a highly valued service provider. With your experience and expertise, you contribute to the high availability of our virtualization platform - and thus also the setups of our customers!
- Setup and configuration of our server and storage systems in our data centers
- Maintenance and further development of system automation
- Replacement of damaged and obsolete equipment, organization of repairs
- System monitoring, trending and documentation
- Continuous error analysis, including documentation and evaluation of possible solutions and their realization
- Capacity management in terms of space and hardware
- Further development of our data center standards
That is what you have to bring on board...
- At least 5 years of experience in setting up and operating large data centers (size: 100 physical servers or more)
- Routine in dealing with Linux server environments
- Confidence in automation (e.g. with Ansible or Puppet), especially in installation processes (Kickstart, PXE-boot)
- You are continuously looking for process optimizations and have a knack for implementing them.
- With the big picture in mind, you plan ahead and focus on sustainable solutions that will still be efficient in a growing infrastructure ten years from now.
- You are cooperative and service-oriented when working with your internal customers and colleagues.
What to expect at SysEleven...
We build and operate the stable foundation for our customers’ setups. In our server landscape, we operate over 300 physical servers, equipped with, among other things, 15,000 CPU cores!, more than 32TB RAM! and over 5PB storage! We operate the big machines and are aware of this responsibility: stability is our top priority. In doing so, we come in contact with the following technologies: Virtuozzo, KVM, Kubernetes, OpenStack and Puppet.
One of our challenges is to simplify the configuration of servers to the point where our platform can easily keep up with the growth of our customer landscape. In doing so, we still encounter creative, unique, sometimes whimsical solutions from earlier times: We’ve made it our mission to fearlessly confront them and “automate them away” once and for all. This takes a lot of diligence, patience and determination.
Our unwavering team spirit motivates and drives us – as does the opportunity to continuously develop both as a team and individually. In addition to the classic path to management, there are various options, such as:
Deepening your own focus
Change to another focus, e.g. Backup & Storage, Virtualization, Development
Assumption of a role as Tech Lead
Assignment as Product Owner for a specific product
Sounds interesting? We are happy to hear from you:
Jan Daniel Werth