Cloud Network Engineer (m/f/x)
As a Network SRE on our Cloud Stacker team, you will be the driver behind the design and implementation of network components at all levels of our OpenStack based Syseleven stack. You build out an efficient and stable network infrastructure and implement new features. Your expertise in cloud network design will help you develop skills in your field that will enhance technological flexibility, effectiveness, trouble-solving abilities, and technological superiority within the team and throughout the organization.
- Designing and development of network components, including planning and implementing new network functions, optimizing existing components, and ensuring a stable and efficient network infrastructure
- Identifying network issues, analyzing and resolving them to ensure smooth communication and connectivity.
- Developing and implementing automation solutions for network configurations and CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Ansible, GitLab, and Terraform
- Improve monitoring to ensure effective network monitoring
- Collaborate with other teams and departments to optimize network infrastructure and ensure smooth integration
What you have to bring on board:
- Extensive knowledge of the Linux networking stack
- Experience with Software Defined Networking (SDN), specifically Open Virtual Network (OVN) and Open vSwitch (OVS)
- Strong knowledge of OpenStack, particularly Neutron
- Familiarity with networking protocols such as Anycast, BGP, eVPN, VXLAN and IPSec
- Experience in configuration management using Ansible
- Fluency in English and willingness to participate on-call as part of the 2nd level
What to expect at SysEleven:
We are the guardians of an impressive infrastructure, an OpenStack Cloud with over 15,000 CPU cores, more than 32 TB RAM, and over 5 PB storage. We have built and continuously improved this solid architecture ourselves. In addition to a great team working at a high technical level, we regularly educate ourselves in different areas of expertise and participate in international conferences such as OpenStack Summit or EuroPython. This allows us to exchange ideas with the community and bring new impulses. We regularly exchange ideas and ensure that every employee always receives support and is at an up-to-date level of knowledge.