Cloud Security Engineer (m/f/x)
As a Cloud Security Engineer, it is your responsibility to ensure the security and reliability of our OpenStack and Kubernetes-based customer solutions. You will work closely with our customers and internal teams to meet their requirements while ensuring the integrity of our platform. Your main goal is to help our customers adopt, implement, and optimize their cloud infrastructures while always ensuring compliance with security regulations and standards.
- Architecture of highly available applications on OpenStack + Kubernetes and network security using VPNs with own PKI and external hardware tokens
- Explaining complex security concepts and solutions to technical as well as non-technical stakeholders and providing implementation support to ensure successful implementation
- Planning and implementation of customer projects on site as well as troubleshooting, bug fixing, patching and network work on distributed systems
- Conception and implementation of knowledge transfer towards the customer and to our parent company secunet
This is what you have to bring on board…
- Degree in computer science or related field, open source projects, certifications (CNCF or similar) and work experience are an advantage
- You have sound knowledge and experience in the areas of OpenStack, Kubernetes, CI/CD according to GitOps principles
- Practical experience in system administration, network technology (esp. VPNs), containerization, VMs as well as cloud technologies in general (OpenStack) is helpful
- You are a team player and open to constantly exploring new technologies and methods that can improve our customers’ cloud security
- Very good knowledge of German and good English skills as well as a high willingness to travel (40%)
What you can expect in the Team…
You have the opportunity to help build a brand new team and actively participate in the further development of our company. Our self-image as techies results from our passion for open source and cloud technologies. This, coupled with a DevOps mindset makes us people who like nothing more than to literally make systems work and sometimes fly. We work in a collaborative, responsible and progressive manner. To advance ourselves and the company, we embrace diversity and other perspectives.
We are happy to hear from you: