Linux Network Engineer (m/f/x)
You are the “network glue” for operating a complex, automated cloud environment distributed across multiple data centers nationwide. This means you keep everything interconnected. Together with your team, you ensure that our network infrastructure is always available and performing at its best. You act as a point of contact for technical and conceptual inquiries, supporting your colleagues in various teams. As we believe that creating added value can only be achieved together.
- Planning, setup, operation, and continuous improvement of our network infrastructure
- Assisting in the consolidation of the cloud and network stacks (architecture/design, network hardware/software)
- Creating and maintaining documentation for the network infrastructure
- Administering and troubleshooting network resources
- Participating as a contact person for network-related issues in the on-call duty after the probationary period (additional compensation)
You can find more information about the Team Network Operation Center here.
What you have to bring on board:
- Relevant experience in evaluating, designing, implementing, and operating cloud network infrastructures
- Proficiency in using the Command Line Interface (CLI) and at least one scripting language such as Bash, Ansible or Python
- Experience with Fabrics (IP/VXLAN/EVPN), Fortigate Firewalls (Basics/Clustering/VPNs), and F5 (Basics/Clustering/LTM)
- Practical experience with various vendors such as Juniper, Cisco, Arista, Mellanox, and Ubiquiti (Unifi)
What to expect at SysEleven:
You can expect a diverse range of technologies in the field of network infrastructure, including routing, switching, firewalling, VPN, load balancing, and management. Additionally, you will be engaged in varied work with a multitude of technologies. We place great importance on thorough documentation and have automation frameworks that you can further develop or learn. We utilize both open-source and commercial solutions from different providers. Our network is known for its high standard and sophisticated design and operation. In our open company culture, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with other tech enthusiasts, participate in new projects, and actively shape them.