Site Reliability Engineer OpenStack Cloud (m/f/d)
You ensure stable, automated operation and continuous development of our public cloud based on OpenStack. As part of the international Cloud team, you will extend our cloud architecture, add exciting new features and maintain stability using open source tooling. You master the challenge of taking our stack to the next level. From level to level!
- Operating of our public cloud (IaaS and platform for our managed Kubernetes) and its core services compute, storage and network
- Further automation of operations
- Optimising and extending of monitoring, alerting and trending
- Designing and implementing of new features
- Software development and open source contribution
That is what you have to bring on board...
- You have experience in operating cloud systems (e.g. OpenStack) and Linux-based virtualization & container environments (e.g. KVM/Qemu or Docker)
- Your knowledge of deployment patterns in distributed storage systems (e.g. Ceph, Object Storage, S3) ideally in SDN and distributed networks offers you the possibility to find solutions as flexible and stable as possible
- The handling of databases and/or message brokers (e.g. MySQL / Galera, RabbitMQ, Zookeeper) and programming with Python, Golang and/or C are part of your standard repertoire
- You are used to communicate in English with your colleagues about technical issues
What you can expect from the team...
We, the Cloud Stacker Team develop our stack in an agile way, i.e. we make sure to develop the greatest value for ourselves and our numerous customers with the least possible effort. We maintain a lively exchange of knowledge and point of views. Every opinion is heard and every possible chance is considered. We agree on the best solution and confidently share responsibility for the quality of our stack. Each team member not only develops our product, but also receives full support for personal development.