Site Reliability Engineer Public Cloud (m/f/x)
As a public cloud provider, we offer a broad range of services on a distributed platform in our data centers based in Germany. As a Site Reliability Engineer you will join our international team to improve our IaaS solution. You will solve different, complex engineering tasks to ensure the stability and performance of our core IaaS components - Compute, Storage and Network. This includes integration of different software systems, problem analysis, deep reverse engineering and development of tooling, as well as collaboration with other teams to increase customer satisfaction.
During your daily work you will have an opportunity to have hands-on experience with following open software products and technologies:
- OpenStack, Linux KVM, QEMU
- Ansible, Consul, Terraform, Vault and Packer
- Prometheus, Alertmanager, Grafana
- Gitlab, CI/CD
- Cumulus IP fabric, Open vSwitch, OVN, Anycast, BGP, eVPN, VXLAN
- MariaDB, Galera, RabbitMQ, ZooKeeper
- Graylog, Fluentd, Elasticsearch
That is what you have to bring on board...
- Strong system engineering skills
- Good understanding of Linux internals
- Experience with distributed storage systems like Ceph
- We expect you to be able to read and understand code in different languages, preferably Python. It would be amazing if you were also familiar with system languages, like C or Golang.
- Experience in building and running a highly available applications in cloud environments or on-premise
- General knowledge of networking, routing and switching, understanding of most common protocols from the TCP/IP stack. You are not afraid of tcpdump and Wireshark.
- You like to contribute to Opensource projects
- English fluently
What you can expect from the team...
*This position is available up to 100 percent remotely*
Sounds interesting? We are happy to hear from you:
Jan Daniel Werth