Storage Engineer - Ceph (m/f/x)
As a Storage Engineer (Ceph) you will be actively involved in the development of a new modern scalable shared storage platform based on Ceph. You will establish standards in architecture and operation and ensure stable and efficient 24/7 operation.
- Together with your team you are responsible for the setup, operation and further development of the shared storage (Ceph/NFS) for our managed hosting platform
- In the future, you will work on the Ceph storage for our SysEleven stack
- Standardize setups and operational procedures, maintain documentation, automate operational procedures
- You will support troubleshooting and work with the vendor support/upstream development team on bug fixing
- Participation in on-call support
That is what you have to bring on board...
- You have good knowledge in Linux system administration (CentOS/Ubuntu)
- You have experience in operating scalable storage platforms with 24/7 availability
- You have practical experience with Ceph
- You are familiar with typical (network) file systems in the OSS environment (ZFS, NFS)
- You have experience in automation (e.g. Puppet, Git) and containers (Docker, Podman)
What to expect at SysEleven...
In our team we communicate and work independently & responsibly at equal level. The better reasoning counts when solving problems and is discussed openly and respectfully. We see problems as exciting challenges that want to be solved. Flat hierarchies are not just empty phrases with us, but fact and also the slogan is program “Leads means not only to lead, but also to coach” – You as an employee:in & team member are one of the most important investments for us (80% Admins. 100% Development). A constant exchange & training are part of our recipe for success. Decide for yourself whether you want to work remotely or in our modern central Berlin office.