System Engineer Linux Platform (f/m/*)
Together with your team, you contribute to the standardisation and high availability of our virtualisation platform. In doing so, you further develop the core of our hosting platform and thus ensure the best possible performance and stability.
- Administration, automation, performance optimisation, scaling and securing of Linux-based server systems
- Updating of server systems
- Error analysis incl. documentation, evaluation and realisation of possible solutions
- Monitoring and trending
- Support of our backup and storage platforms
- Participation in the rotation of the 24/7 on-call service
That is what you have to bring on board:
- You have been confident in the Linux server environment for several years and are motivated to familiarise yourself with new topics and constantly expand your knowledge.
- You have already gained experience in the operation and administration of virtualisation platforms and are familiar with the common data systems and protocols.
- Ideally, you already have experience with automation/infrastructure as code and scripting languages.
- You are a passionate debugger and it spurs you on to find the error systematically.
- A visit to the data centre every now and then, replacing hardware, installing new servers – is a welcome change for you.
What you can expect in the Team…
Our Platform Team jointly operates and develops the platforms necessary for our server landscape in our three data centres. We build and operate the stable foundation for our customers’ setups, which gives you the opportunity to get involved in a broad spectrum of our IT landscape.
In addition to your core activities, we offer you the opportunity to live your life in your own open source projects. You can benefit from the collective know-how of our various IT departments and their employees.
In order to ensure the development and optimisation of our platforms, you will also need new impulses and time to learn. We would like to support you as much as possible with the help of workshops, conferences, co-working etc., because your development is the prerequisite for our success!