Systems Engineer - Datacenter Operations (m/f/x)
You contribute to the continuous improvement and standardization of our platform. Thereby you develop the core of our hosting platform and ensure the continuous improvement of our automation and scripts (Git, Python, Bash, Puppet). Solid administration, performance optimization, scaling and securing of Linux-based server systems are your fundamentals for the continuous improvement of our platform.
In concrete terms...
- Setup, operation and development of the infrastructure in our 3 data centers
- Maintenance of our hardware (evaluation, implementation, operation, phase out)
- Design and evaluation of new hardware platforms
- Continued development of our lifecycle management
- Automation of our server systems and workflows
What you bring on board...
- You have been working in the Linux server environment for several years and have already managed the complete lifecycle of infrastructure projects.
- Ideally, you have experience with capacity planning and infrastructure procurement.
- You are a passionate debugger and it spurs you on to find the error in a systematic way.
- A visit to the data center from time to time, replacing hardware, installing new servers – is a welcome break for you.
What you can expect...
The team operates our server landscape in the data centers, develops and operates platforms as well as the components and services required for it. This offers the opportunity to get involved in a broad spectrum of our IT landscape. We build and operate the stable foundation for our customers’ setups. In addition to stability, maintainability, automation and redundancy are among our most important goals.
In doing so, we aim to continue to fulfill our ISO 27001 certification. Here and in the development of the foundation for further platforms, you will have many opportunities to let off steam technically in open source projects, among others. In order to ensure the development and optimization of our platforms, you will also need new impulses and time to learn. We would like to support you as much as possible with workshops, conferences, co-working etc., because your development is the prerequisite for our success!