Kubernetes specialist SysEleven launches third data center location
- 30 percent higher CPU performance and double the memory performance
- Georedundancy, fast network connection, powered by 100 percent renewable energy
- No compromises on data privacy
The expansion in Kubernetes business is leading SysEleven to target its investments for accelerated growth: In Frankfurt, the managed hosting specialist is officially launching its “Third Region” today. In cooperation with the data center operator NTT Europe, SysEleven expects a leap in performance for its Kubernetes solution MetaKube. To that end, Frankfurt now complements the First and Second Region sites in Berlin. This will provide 30 percent more computing power, twice the storage performance, and georedundancy. The data center is connected to neighboring buildings and to SysEleven’s own European 100G ring with 100 Gbit/s. This means that the highest data throughput is guaranteed at all times, while sensitive customer data never leaves the SysEleven network. Furthermore, SysEleven only uses energy from renewable sources.
“For some months now, we have noticed a significantly increased demand for data protection compliant and self-reliant IT solutions. We want to meet that demand with our new services. With the new location, we now have the necessary features and performance reserves, and we can continue to grow with our existing and new customers,” says Marc Korthaus, founder and CEO of SysEleven. “Customers appreciate our high data protection requirements, which we meet perfectly as a European host with GDPR-compliant solutions. With MetaKube, we offer organizations in the DACH region the ideal basis for their digital transformation towards cloud-native solutions.”
More performance, security and features
- More performance, security, and features
- New OpenStack Ussuri release on current Dell hardware with up to 30 percent higher performance.
- New enhanced SSD storage with twice the IOPS performance per CPU core to meet increased customer demands with growing workloads.
- Increased security and availability thanks to geographical distance from Berlin region according to location criteria data center version 2.0 of the BSI
- VPN as a Service (VPNaaS) for secure connections between customer networks and the SysEleven stack.
- New and improved Software Defined Network (SDN) based on Open Virtual Network (OVN) with proactive building of all forwarding tables for accelerated connection setup and less packet loss.
- improved load balancer based on Octavia with Load Balancer as a Service (LBaaS) up to Layer 7 in the OSI layer model.
- Support for native dual stack IPv4 and IPv6. Optional dedicated IPv6 network for all customers.
“SysEleven is a customer with the strictest requirements for reliability, security and availability,” says Konstantin Hartmann, Vice President Sales and Commercial der Global Data Centers Division von NTT Ltd. “In our data center in Frankfurt, we’re laying the groundwork with the latest hardware, sophisticated security, access, and access concepts, and ISO 27001, ISO 50600 and PCI-DSS certifications to help our customers grow quickly.”
SysEleven builds its solutions in accordance with the principles of high performance, scalability, data protection, and open source. They also refrains from targeted measures for vendor lock, which some competitors use to artificially tie their customers to themselves. The technical foundation of SysEleven’s Kubernetes framework is MetaKube Core, a GDPR-compliant managed Kubernetes service, which does not need customers to supply their own infrastructure to run. MetaKube Accelerator builds on this to provide an integrated environment in which application developers assemble complete setups from curated software building blocks in the final version. For companies that require a fully managed operations service, MetaKube Operator enables SysEleven’s DevOps team to take over lifecycle management and 24/7 operations.
SysEleven is a leading cloud and Kubernetes service provider specializing in the operation of distributed and mission-critical systems and the rapid scaling of workloads. The company supports organizations that want to complete their transformation to cloud native, and that value speed, flexibility, and autonomy. The service portfolio consists of comprehensive services — starting with concept consulting, the setup of test environments, training, and fully managed operations. At the heart of the vertical technology stack is ”MetaKube”, a managed Kubernetes service that enables organizations to develop and operate web-based software products. SysEleven places great emphasis on data protection and digital sovereignty. All solutions are therefore hosted exclusively in ISO 27001-certified German data centers, which enables customers and partners to comply with the German Data Protection Regulation (GDPR/DSGVO). The range of services includes: Managed Cloud Services, an OpenStack Public Cloud, Managed Kubernetes, as well as various network and carrier services.
The Berlin-based SysEleven GmbH was founded in 2007 by Marc Korthaus, who is still managing director together with Jens Ihlenfeld, and employs over 110 people. Its customers include DFS Aviation Services, Babymarkt, FTAPI, Staffbase, Berlin Senate Administration, Alfaview, Shopmacher, the German Research Centre for Artificial Intelligence (DFKI), Next Farming, VHV Versicherungen, and golem.de.
For more information, please visit https://www.syseleven.de/en.